Women Veterans Health Care
My HealtheVet is a secure, web-based personal health record that provides women Veterans with information and tools to improve their health. It was designed for Veterans, Servicemembers, their dependents and caregivers.
When you register on My HealtheVet, you gain access to tools that can help you track and monitor your health. As a registered user, you can build your own personal health record that you manage and control yourself.
Benefits of My HealtheVet
Using My HealtheVet can help you gain a better understanding of your health status. When you use the tools on the site, you become a more active partner with your health care team. The greatest benefit is that you can easily access your personal health information in your My HealtheVet account – anytime and anywhere you have Internet access. Your information is available to you at your convenience 24/7.
As a registered user of MyHealtheVet you are able to:
- Add information to a personal health journal about over-the-counter medications, allergies, military health history, medical events and tests.
- Record and track personal information such as contact information, emergency contacts, health care providers, and health insurance information.
- Record and track personal health measurements (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, heart rate, body temperature, weight, and pain) in Vitals & Readings.
- Print a wallet ID card with the personal information entered into the personal health record.
- Access more than 18 million pages of health information from the site’s Health Education Library.
Specific features of My HealtheVet are available to users based on their account type. There are three different types of accounts (basic, advanced, and premium) available.
Basic Account - Anyone can register for this account type. It provides limited access to features in My HealtheVet that you self-enter. You may use the journals and other tools to track your health measures. However, you cannot see your personal information located in VA or DoD systems.
Advanced Account - This account is only for Veterans/VA Patients. It is a higher level of access to features offered in My HealtheVet. It may provide you the ability to view some information in your VA and/or DoD records. When you register as a Veteran/VA Patient, your registration information (full name, Social Security Number (SNN), date of birth (DOB), and gender) is matched to your VA/DoD records. When this happens, you are given an advanced account. This account does not require that you have your identity authenticated.
Premium Account - This account is only for VA Patients. It gives users the highest level of access to My HealtheVet features. To get this type of account you need to go through Authentication and have your My HealtheVet registration information (full name, Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth (DOB) and gender) matched to VA/DoD records.
A premium account includes all of the basic and advanced account capabilities, as well as access to key VA electronic health record information, secure messaging with health care providers, and access to aspects of military service records. All accounts are free.
Registering for MyHealtheVet
Step 1. There are two ways to access the registration page. When you enter MyHealtheVet:
- Select the green Register Today Start Here button on the landing page, or
- Select the red REGISTER button in the Member Login box on the right side of the screen
Step 2. Complete the registration form:
- Identification - enter the following information exactly as it appears in your VA/DoD record:
- first, middle, and last name. Do not include any special characters in your name, such as an apostrophe ('), or tilde (accent mark). The exception: If you have two last names separated by a hypen (-); then you can add the hypen.
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Gender (male, female)
- Date of birth (DOB)
- Relationship to VA* - you must select Veteran, VA Patient (or both) in order for MyHealtheVet to map your account with your VA/DoD records
- Contact Information - select a preferred method of contact and provide the related information, for example: email address, phone/fax/page number
- Account Information:
- create a user ID that is unique and contains no spaces; it must be 6-12 characters
- create a password that is unique, contains no spaces; must be 8-12 characters and have at least one letter, one number and one special character (such as !, #, %, etc.)
- create two password hint questions and answers
Step 3. Select the red SAVE button at the bottom of the registration form.
You can now go to the My HealtheVet homepage and login using your user ID and password.
About Women Veterans
Women are now the fastest-growing subgroup of U.S. Veterans. The number of women Veterans is expected to increase dramatically in the next 10 years, and VA health care services are in high demand by the women Veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The Department of Veterans Affairs understands the health care needs of women Veterans and is committed to meeting these needs. Women Veterans served and they deserve the best quality care. Learn more about VA health care services for women Veterans.
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.