Women Veterans Health Care
The following materials are outreach posters that cover a variety of health topics. They are to be used to disseminate messaging and resources tailored for women Veterans via the following actions:
- Share the below posters on website updates, in blogs, digital newsletters, or any digital publication for distribution
- Share relevant information along with a poster to connect women Veterans to useful resources
- Post to digital displays or carousels around your facilities
Click on 'Details' next to each poster for information to accompany each poster when sharing.
The items below are shown in alphabetical order. Use the Sort button to change the order and the List button to view as a list. You may also use the Category and Year options to filter.
The Women Veterans Call Center is your guide to women's health
If you have questions or can't find what you're looking for, you can call, text, or chat online with the Women Veterans Call Center (WVCC) at 855-829-6636 to get help and find available resources and services in your area. Trained women representatives can also help you with issues such as:
- Enrolling in VA health care if you have not already
- Setting up a medical appointment in your area
- Answering questions about eligibility (including questions about disability ratings) and other VA benefits like employment, education, and home loans
WVCC representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET.